Did you know that the lion's wrinkle, also called glabella wrinkle, which sits between our eyebrows is so called for its striking resemblance to the sometimes frowning face of felines? The appearance of wrinkles concerns us all. It is nonetheless a particularly dreaded stage that many seek to delay as much as possible. If the lion's wrinkle can take shape very quickly on our beautiful skin from the age of 25, this expression line can nevertheless be reduced with several treatments, various techniques or a good beauty routine!
Do you want to fight frown lines and find a happy face? ECLAE gives you the keys to remove wrinkles on the face !
What is "lion's wrinkle"?
Wrinkles can be due to aging skin and are often caused by a deficiency of collagen and elastin proteins. Some also appear following the action of a voluntary or involuntary contraction of the muscles of the face: they are called expression lines. They are the result of your emotions which in the long run reduce the elasticity of the skin and come to form hollows there.
The lion's wrinkle emerges on the forehead area, between the eyebrows and can occur between 20 and 30 years. While it is true that aging of the skin promotes the appearance of frown lines, it is not only related to age. The frown line is more the consequence of your daily habits and repeated movements of your facial muscles.
This expression wrinkle can indeed occur following various factors:
- a stressful environment that may cause you to subconsciously frown more often;
- a repeated sun exposure that makes you squint;
- A state of annoyance or anger that materializes in very marked frowns;
- difficulty reading small text that forces you to tense your facial muscles;
- a bad habit and which is characterized by permanently frowning eyebrows, for no particular reason.
Lion's wrinkle: what to do to prevent or avoid its appearance?
Did you know that it is possible to prevent the appearance of frown lines? If that wrinkle hasn't settled on your forehead yet, there is still time to delay its occurrence early thanks to simple actions! The frown lines appear on your forehead because of your emotions, but also because the skin becomes less elastic and plump over the years . To combat this phenomenon, it is advisable to try as much as possible to reduce conscious or unconscious contractions of facial muscles and to eradicate anything that could increase premature aging of the skin:
- wear sunglasses to avoid squinting in strong sunlight;
- adopt a healthy lifestyle and maintain a healthy lifestyle: avoid tobacco, alcohol, repeated exposure to UV rays, drink at least 1.5 L of water per day and eat foods rich in antioxidants;
- wear eyeglasses or eyeglasses adapted to your vision as soon as you feel the need, for better comfort during reading or computer work and to avoid frowning;
- hydrate your skin deeply in the morning and evening with a moisturizer;
- adopt a good beauty routine with treatments adapted to your skin type: make-up remover, cleanser, exfoliant.
What to do to naturally reduce frown lines?
The frown line is already installed on your forehead? Don't worry, many natural solutions exist to reduce the appearance and restore elasticity to the skin of the face in the blink of an eye!
Among the most used solutions, you will find anti-wrinkle or anti-aging care . They are in the form of cream or serum and are composed of active antioxidants and hyaluronic acid . These active ingredients are very effective against skin aging. Hyaluronic acid is an inexhaustible source of hydration, particularly effective in restoring suppleness and elasticity to the skin.
Furthermore, other more unknown solutions make it possible to blur the frown lines:
- facial gymnastics , which works the facial muscles, increases the elasticity of the skin by restoring tone to deficient muscles while relaxing those that are on the contrary hypertonic;
- acupuncture for a natural facelift that is not lacking in spice: this traditional medicine consists of pricking the skin and muscles of the face with very fine needles. Acupuncture tightens the skin and reduces frown lines by toning the facial muscles;
- facial massage : promotes good blood circulation, cell regeneration, as well as the production of elastin and collagen proteins. The massage will therefore bring a better suppleness to the skin, relax the muscles of the face, blur the hollows of the frown lines and smooth the skin.